Monday, September 29, 2008

Today's Agenda

Experienced an interesting class this AM - Crucial Conversations (CC). Part 1 of 4. Get with me; you know those conversations you avoid, the ones you rather not have? Those be the "crucial conversations" mates. Flight or Fight, or CC talk - Violence or Silence. So far, it's all right. It is helping me to take up a curial conversation that I need to have with an employee.

How do you teach someone something new?
Have them jump in with both feet with little direction and see how they swim?
Speak in general concepts, give additional resources and have them try again? and again? and...
Get the red pen out and correct every single little thing?
Me, I discuss the project and give the big picture, throw in some related bonus info details, state the required perimeters, site resources, and give basic direction on how to proceed, and usually give a deadline.

NEXT TOPIC:
Teriyaki - Typically I am not a fan of the stuff. However, recent discoveries have changed my mind and more importantly, my taste buds. There is a new place across from worky - Teri & Yaki. My order: Chinese chicken salad and pot stickers w/some kinda strong teriyaki sauce. That is some good shit people!

THIRD TOPIC:
Evaluating people, it's part of my job. The positive, the negative, I write it all down. I save these notes and then go through them once a year. Pluses and minuses, and balance it out. Kinda weird but it does give me an appreciation for people’s work, their efforts, their gains, growth.

MUSIC: I have yet to set up my stereo in my living room. I miss my music!!!!! I was just evaluating people on my bed and had my ipod going. Yes! World Explosion! - Sex Pistols & Afrika Bambada, Spider Web and the Home song - Coldplay, Burning Up For Your Love - Madonna, old soul, new rap, top 40, obscure… loved it!

Pick one:
A. Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge, or
B. Every Good Boy Deserves Favours

IMAGE: I love Star Wars! and taking photos of TV images.
STYLE: Real, all the way live
MS. SMART: Look at the gyrations of your daily life - who are the reoccurring characters? Embrace their freak. They are the spice of your world.
QUOTES: “It is all right to hold a conversation but you should let go of it now and then.” -Richard Armour and
"I feel a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." -Obi-Wan Kenobi
LINKS: Teri & Yaki and Music Mnemonics and
MUSIC VIDEO: LTD, Back In Love Again - featuring Jeffery Osbourne, bassist Abraham "Onion" Miller, and funky men in tight red outfits - yeaaaaahhh!

No comments: