Monday, August 31, 2009

Log Lady interaction

The other day I had just placed all my delicious grocery items on the conveyor belt.
The belt was moving.
I was gazing up at the magazines thinking, I want one.
Hmmm, maybe the Real Simple, cover looks good, it's a decent magazine... my hand reaching out, I'm bending over the belt...
When suddenly a Log Ladyish gets all up in my grill, like four inches from my face, and says hurriedly, "Don't go to the pools tonight."
I was taken aback.
She was scurrying away.
I said, "What?!"
She came back in and repeated, "Don't go to the pools tonight."
In a span of seconds... my mind whirls. WTF?!?!?! What's the connection. Is this a spy ring? The ships sails at midnight? What? What? Thinking... well I do go to the pools three times a week but I never engage a soul.
I said, "Do you see me at the pools?"
She said, "Yes."
I said, "Okay."
Again with the, "Don't go to the pools tonight."
I said, "What, the fires?"
She said, "Yes, the pools are closed."
I said, "Okay"
She was off in a flash.
It was weird.
It was the 2009 Pool/Log Lady.
I liked it.

Just for the record, I love Twin Peaks.

No comments: