Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Vast Universe

I had a great day!Veteran's Day = day off w/pay for me.
Slept in.
Coffee, blog action.
Went to Griffith Park and the Observatory.All cool space stuff, planets, stars, ideas, pendulums swinging on the Earth's axis. The best experience was the planetarium show -awesome! Big domed ceiling, loungey chairs, sound, clouds into stars, moon, sun, constellations, stories, concepts, Milky Way, Galaxies, black matter, black energy, the universe!
Ah, loved it! (Milky Way Galaxy - NASA photo)You and I are made of star dust. :)
Love that.Took photos.

Walked through the park in the dark.

Mexico City in Los Feliz for dinner and Margarettas.

Great day/night adventure.

5 comments:

Walter Neiger said...

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

I marvel again and again over the pictures and the texts ... always great!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous galactic post, darling!!

xoxox,
CC

Steve said...

Under the sky am I.

Queen said...

Oh that sounds like the most perfect day!
Wish I could have been there too! We could have talked about Detroit and our favourite space movies!!!
I love that quote about us all being made of space dust. In fact I think you have just inspired a post for next weekend! I shall of course give you full credit, you clever, wonderful creature!
Queen Marie
x

vicki archer said...

Glad you enjoyed your day off...xv