Tuesday, January 26, 2010

View from the 21st floor

Today, tomorrow are Board off site days.Our once-a-year gathering at a hotel, away from the office. This time in the Universal Studios area, 21st floor.What a great view.
I love living in Los Angeles! (L.A. County Map)
This is one big ass city, full of everything you can think of and more!On my first visit to L.A., way back in the day, I loved how the homes were all stuck here and there into the hillsides. Today's view accommodated my pleasure. Scattered homes at eye-level and below. Great big city of new, change, the same, invention, hopes, dreams, reality, all good! Brave people living here. L. A. is not for everyone. It is for me.
(If you have never been to Los Angeles the photo above represents like one tiny area amongst the vast sprawl of L.A.)

Who's coming out to visit? I live in Pasadena.

6 comments:

xo, Alexi said...

WOW! did you take those last two photos?? they're really great either way. i wish i could visit... oh if only money weren't a problem and airport securities weren't a pain...
http://www.blogger.com/steampunkdolls

strangekat said...

Me! I'm coming!!

Renee Finberg said...

back in 77 i was living in l.a. on sunset plaza drive up the hill.
what a beautiful view we had at night.

i loved the weather.
my hair was so smooth that i went out and got my first permanent body wave.

xxx

Couture Carrie said...

Very cool, darling!

Would love to come for a visit :)

xoxox,
CC

Cynthia Occelli said...

Ms. Smart,

I couldn't agree more. I live in the hills north of Sunset Blvd. in one of those tucked in houses. Los Angeles definitely has its challenges, but the positives easily outweigh them. It's kind of like having nuts on the best banana split in the world and not liking nuts; ignore them and enjoy the bliss.

Cynthia

The Man Who Knew Too Much said...

I am so jealous of you, I'd love to live in LA.
I am thinking of going there for 2 months in Sept/Oct and stay somewhere in Pasadena, if you have any better suggestions please do let me know!